The Paediatric first aid course is suitable for childminders working in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) It meets Childcare Registration requirements.
- unresponsive and breathing normally, including child and infant resuscitation
- unresponsive and not breathing normally
- has a foreign body airway obstruction
- with external bleeding
- injuries to bones, joints and muscles.
Understand how to administer emergency first aid to an infant and a child with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness:
- sickle cell crisis
- diabetic emergencies
- asthma attack
- allergic reaction
- febrile convulsions.
Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child:
- who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold
- may have sustained an electric shock
- with burns or scalds
- suspected has been poisoned
- who has been bitten or stung
- minor injuries, including cuts, grazes, bumps and bruises, small splinters and nose bleeds
- possible conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- suspected head and spinal injuries
- suffering from shock.
Understand how to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies.